10) Pay attention to the details. From cluttered closets to dirty floors, buyers will notice the small things, so invest some time into cleaning up.
9) Lighten up. Buyers like to see bright, cheery, well-lit spaces, so remove heavy drapes, clean your windows and take down any branches or shrubs that prevent natural light from entering your home.
8) Send pets to doggie daycare. You may love your pets, but to some potential home buyers, dog toys strewn around the house or cat litter in the laundry room can be a sign that the home is not clean.
7) Focus upgrades on projects that get results. Major upgrades and renovations aren’t guaranteed to increase your home’s value enough to make your money back. Instead, focus your efforts on low-cost, big-impact hings like a fresh coat of paint, new cabinet hardware and cleaning things like grout.
6) Create a space buyers could see themselves in. That means removing family photos and other personal objects that may distract the buyer from your house’s features.
5) Be show-ready anytime. Buyers may want to view the house outside of any scheduled open houses. Keep your house uncluttered and ready for viewing anytime.
4) Don’t forget about curb appeal. You only get one first impression, so why not put some effort into what your house looks like to potential buyers when they arrive? Freshen mulch, trim hedges and add some flowers near your porch or front door to create a tidy, inviting feel.
3) Picture perfect. Buyers are increasingly relying on websites like Zillow to find homes they’re interested in learning more about. Make your online listing stand out by ensuring that you have at least 30 well-lit, attractive photos of your home.
2) Set the table. Buyers want to picture themselves in their potential new home, so make it easy by putting out some place settings on the kitchen and dining room tables and spruce things up with fresh cut flowers.
1) Hire the right agent. While following these tips will help sell your home, there is no substitute for a good real estate agent. Monika has the experience and local knowledge to get top dollar for her clients. Contact her today to get started selling your home!